Michelle Abbott is a criminal defense attorney at Gilles Law, PLLC. She is licensed to practice in North Carolina State Court and Federal Court in the Western District of North Carolina.
Ms. Abbott is from the Charlotte area and loves serving the Charlotte community. She is a Wolfpack fan (she graduated from North Carolina State University, Magna Cum Laude in 2011). Ms. Abbott handles a wide variety of criminal and traffic cases ranging from DWI, drug crimes, sex crimes, violent crimes.
Ms. Abbott is a firm believer in the constitutional rights of all clients and the assertion that every person charged with a crime is innocent until proven guilty. She is a zealous advocate who believes that everyone charged with a crime deserves a fight.
- Criminal Defense
- North Carolina
- Western District of North Carolina
Awards and Recognitions
- Avvo’s Client’s Choice Award, 2018
- Named “Best Attorney” for Creative Loafing’s Best of Charlotte 2017 edition
- Defender Trial School – UNC School of Government, 2018
- The DWI Jury Trial in North Carolina: How to Effectively Try a DWI Case to a Jury and WIN
- Trying a Criminal Case: Cross-Examination
- Trying a Criminal Case: DWI Pretrial Motions in District Court
- Trying a Criminal Case: Motions to Suppress in District Court
- Trying a Criminal Case: Direct Examination, Objections
- Expunging a Criminal Record
- DWI Assessments
- Prisons, Commitments and Sentencing Credits
- Seven Steps to a Winning Opening Statement
- Immigration Consequences of Criminal Convictions
- Hemp and CBD 101 for Lawyers
- Ignition Interlock Training
“I hired Michelle Abbott, an attorney with Gilles Law PLLC, for a domestic legal issue that proved to be more than difficult due to the other party being in different state. Ms. Abbott’s communication with me and determination to bring this issue to a close was impressive, even with all the roadblocks we encountered. Her persistence and knowledge of all the different ways to resolve this issue were endless and she never gave up. I felt as though I was her only client even though I know that was not the case! I highly recommend Ms. Abbott and this practice to anyone trying to settle a legal issue of their own. Thank you to everyone at Gilles Law!”
“Ms. Abbott took care of everything for me when I had to go to court to prove I paid for repairs after an accident. She appeared on my behalf and the outcome was everything I had hoped for. She is very efficient, knowledgeable, and dependable. Highly recommend!!!”
“Michelle, was very supportive of my situation. When I hired her to be my attorney she went above and beyond to help make such a frustrating situation so much easier to get through. I know if I ever run into issues again I am confident in saying she will be the first person I call! Thank you so much for your help and guidance! I will definitely be referring you and your law firm to anyone looking for legal representation.”
“Michelle is incredibly hard-working, intelligent, and personable. She is thorough, diligent, and seeks the best possible outcome for her client. I highly endorse her and recommend her services.”
- Brian Cremeans, Attorney at Law
“Michelle is one of the best in the field. I often go to her with questions about how to handle issues and she’s always knowledgeable and willing to help. She’s a strong advocate for her clients. I definitely endorse this lawyer.”
- Andrew Gordon, Attorney at Law
“I have been lucky enough to work hand in hand with Attorney Abbott on numerous occasions. She is extremely knowledgeable and advocates for each and every one of her clients. She is passionate about what she does and it shows when she is in the courtroom.”
- Jennifer Stevens, Attorney at Law
“Michelle is determined, dedicated, and focused on achieving the best results for her clients. She pays great attention to detail and is diligent about staying abreast on key legal issues. Her passion and commitment to the practice of law are evident as she is always willing to offer her assistance.”
- Raeneice Taltoan, Attorney at Law
LET US HELP YOU
Put our team of criminal defense lawyers on your side today. You are one phone call or email away from getting your questions answered by an experienced defense attorney.
Call us at 980-272-8438 to set up a consultation.