Rock Hill DUI Attorney – What should you do when you have been charged with a DUI in Rock Hill, South Carolina? Same thing you should do when you have been charged with a DUI anywhere else in South Carolina. Driving while under the influence (DUI) is a very serious charge that can come with some very serious consequences. Additionally, it is a very complicated charge that has a lot of considerations and procedural requirements.
DUI attorneys are trained and experienced in what it takes to properly defend a DUI charge, and you should probably seek the help of one if you have been charged with a DUI. In this blog, we will discuss what DUI attorneys do. Like all our blogs, this is intended for general informational purposes and not as a substitute for the advice and counsel of a DUI attorney.
Rock Hill DUI attorneys are simply South Carolina DUI attorneys
We often get questions regarding whether attorneys can only practice in certain counties. This is a false assumption. Attorneys are licensed by state and can operate anywhere in that state, but sometimes choose not to stray too far from their office. So, whether you’ve been charged with DUI in Rock Hill, Lancaster, or Chester, the same attorney can help you.
What do DUI attorneys do to fight my charges?
DUI attorneys do everything they can to prevent a DUI conviction so that you don’t have to deal with the consequences of that conviction. The defenses may include but are not limited to the following:
- Challenging reasonable suspicion of the traffic stop,
- Challenging probable cause for the DUI arrest,
- Defending the DUI on the merits of the case, and
- Making sure that law enforcement acted legally and followed all required procedures.
If my case seems hopeless, is there a point to getting a DUI lawyer?
First, what seems hopeless to someone who is not trained to defend DUIs often isn’t the case for someone who is trained. Second, one of the most important functions of a DUI attorney is providing information to the person charged, so that they may be better prepared for any possible outcome. This information includes but is not limited to the following:
- What steps can be taken to mitigate the damage that is done by a conviction,
- What must be done after conviction,
- What consequences you may face if convicted,
- Whether to take a plea offer that is given to you, and
- How to get a limited driving privilege if your license gets suspended.
DUIs are scary, stressful, and complicated. If you have been charged with DUI in South Carolina, contact us.